Our in-clinic Naturopath Evie, has brought a tasty recipe straight back from her European travels. Enjoy her take on a classic Greek Salad.
This is such a simple tasty salad that you can regularly make for work lunches during the week to have tuna, boiled eggs, tofu or grilled chicken with. You could also make this salad for dinners and BBQs with friends!
Naturopath Evie’s Greek Salad Soup
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers
- ¼ red onion
- 1 green capsicum
- Feta block
- ¼ – ½ cup of kalamata olives (depending on how many olives you like). Pitted or unpitted – marinated in olive oil and herbs can be nice too.
- Dressing – 1 tsp dried oregano, ½ tsp minced garlic, ¼ tsp salt, black pepper, 3 tbsp red wine vinegar, 4-5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Cube cucumber, tomatoes, feta and sliced red onion.
- Mix pitted kalamata olives into the salad and mix through greek salad dressing.
- Serve and enjoy alongside a protein source (grilled fish/chicken/red meat) and other sides such as roasted potatoes/pumpkin and more greens!
- Tomato is a source of lycopene which is an antioxidant for cardiovascular health and male fertility.
- Red onion is a prebiotic for our gut microbiome.
- Black olives are full of polyphenols which are antioxidants.
- Cucumbers are hydrating.
- Feta is a source of calcium.
- Extra virgin olive oil is a source of healthy fats for cardiovascular health!